Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is treating you well thus far.
I know you’re supposed to do these on New Years (Eve?), but I like a little time to mull over them, ruminate, and make them a little interesting.
So here’s my fine-wine and properly-aged cheese list of 2019 Resolutions:
- Be Awesome.
- Write a lot.
- Protect the writing time (this is very important).
- Submit a story somewhere.
- Do a public reading.
- Have a release party.
- Read a lot. Specifically:
- Finish Return of the King.
- On Writing by Stephen King
- The Amazon Ad book.
- The Uncle Eric Talks About Series.
- Visit the library.
- Sell one book per day (on average).
- Review something awesome.
- Book 6 – first draft
- Publish Book 6 (optional: with fanfare).
- Book 7 first draft
- Let’s be adventurous: Publish Book 7 (optional: with dragon parade).
- Run a book giveaway!
- Blog (more).
- Buy new music.
- Draw something.
- Play my guitar more than once (I should probably change the strings too).
- Dress up for Halloween (as something other than “a famous writer incognito/in disguise”).
- Eat at a restaurant I haven’t tried before.
- Go to 9th Bar (which I’ve been meaning to do for 2 years).
- Be Awesome – I’ve decided this will be the first and last item on every years list of Resolutions.
And I did go ahead and post this list on my wall, so I’m confident about the improved compliance.
Here’s to a year of dreams, dragons, and deadlines (specifically the sound they make as they pass us by)!
I hope you make the best 2019 you can!
Peace and love,