Hello world 🙂
So, at the previous meeting of the intrepid Ink Slingers Guild, we once again failed to do the writing exercise together. This is becoming a bad habit, but in view of all the exciting things taking place in the near past, present and future, we’re to be forgiven. For now.
So many things on the bent horizons, the first of which is the ISG’s annual anthology entitled – you guessed it – Bent Horizons. It will be released on November 1, 2015, but you can pre-order it here on Amazon.com in Kindle edition and paperback.
A taste of the stories featured:
• Beware the family vacations that land in you a strange hotel with a hottie.
• A secret organization attempts to recruit young men and women to fight an ancient war. When Shan is contacted by agents from Unit X, she is drawn into a world of intrigue and magic. But the more Shan learns, the more she realizes that one person’s truth is someone else’s lie, and in Unit X, even the secrets have secrets.
• Rory’s concerns about his wife’s new human body prove warranted when she trips and falls off a mountainside. As Rory strives to save her, Hannah shows that it isn’t just the body that makes the woman. She has a very skills of her own, despite her human handicap.
• When you work in HR the worst part of your job are the people. When Sarah starts her day with the worst of employees, and then dumps coffee on her office crush, what could possibly happen?
• How far would you go for revenge if the police couldn’t help? Max might be ten years old, but he knows exactly what to do to help his sister, Pella. Just because she can’t remember what happened isn’t going to stop him from getting justice?
• A beautiful muse, a psychotic artist. How far will he go for perfection, and can she give it to him?
• A gentleman immersed in the past, locked in grief, is drawn back toward the present by the vibrant light of a special lady. In a time when manners and reserve were the order of the day, what strange force brings them together?
• Paul lost his wife Ivy. Grief stricken and unable to function, he finds a friend in Molly. Can she help him find closure, or will she spin him further into himself?
• Ghirn, sheriff of Ruby Dust on Mars, catches an outlaw, saves a couple of humans from cannibalistic Dearndins and calms the ladies of The Pink House. All in a day’s work.
• Bastian loves his twin sister. In order to save her, he sets course to the Last Land. His ship is old and pieces are falling off, but he can fly anything. Will he win the race, and earn enough on one last run to rescue her?
• First comes love, then comes marriage. Then comes life and questions, as one young couple risk unknown consequences in order to heat up the romance in their relationship.
And that’s not all. On November 7, Witching Hour Publishing and the Ink Slingers Guild will have tables at the First Annual Tampa Bay Book Fair.
The Ink Slingers themselves will be present, so come out and have some fun, see us, talk to us, and we’ll entertain you and sign some books. 🙂
And three of the Ink Slingers, JM Paquette, Dalia Lance, and myself, have books coming out in the next couple months, which means bookmarks, release parties, and possibly signed-copy giveaways, so get ready for that awesomeness too!
Anyway, for those very good reasons, we were a little busier than usual at our last meeting – but we chose our words and were sent off to do our exercises (which I did) and I will be posting them shortly,
❤ ❤ DragonBeck